A webcomic about a class of gifted kids.
, 99 months, post #1 |
It sucks ... read PVP instead|
From: guest (bunky)
, 66 months, post #2 |
Hey, you're right... it's a piece of shit, thanks.|
, 66 months, post #3 |
, 66 months, post #4 |
And could any of you lot do better?|
How about actually explaining
what's wrong with it instead of casually tossing 2-word judgements
From: guest (bunky)
, 66 months, post #5 |
Where to start...where to start...|
The art is terrible...
The site is terrible...
The comic itself is not funny...
I probably could do better. Anyone could do better.
From: guest (Gulag)
, 66 months, post #6 |
The "could you do any better?" rebuttal is a total red herring, not
to mention a major Cliché.|
If you go in for an operation, and the surgeon forgetfully leaves
his tongs inside as he sows you up, he doesn't get to say "could
you do any better?" when you sue him for malpractice
If an air traffic controler is having a bad day and accidentaly
clears two planes to land at the same runway simultaniously, he
doesn't get to stand up in court and ask the judge if he could "do
any better?" as his defence.
If somebody is so bad at something that any untrained eye can see
what a mess they're making of it, then it shouldn't require someone
to hold a masters degree in the relevant field just to point it
, 66 months, post #7 |
People say the exact same things about Garfield
, and yet those seem popular enough, don't they?
I personally have also had to listen to people saying much the same
things as you directed towards The Wotch
, which I happen to enjoy a lot for reasons that have absolutely
nothing to do with any TG content etc.
What I'm trying to say is, I'm fed up with ignorant, arrogant
people who automatically believe that their OPINIONS are
Also, comparing drawing a webcomic to performing major surgery or
running ATC is so stupid I'm not even going to bother dignifying it
with a response.
From: guest (Gulag)
, 66 months, post #8 |
I don't see how the comparison is such a stupid one. The very point
i was making is that you don't need 4 years of medical schooling to
spot a bad doctor, so i don't see why you should need a degree in
fine art in order to point out a shitty artist.|
Just because drawing a web comic isn't particularly important and a
bad one doesn't impact on peoples lives, doesn't mean that the
artists should be below criticism.
And for the record Garfield is a terrible, terrible comic. Just my
opinion ofc ;)
, 66 months, post #9 |
The art looks fine to me.|
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- POSTS MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators for violation
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Do not plagiarize.
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- Please keep the conversations civil. Do not 'attack' other posters.
- You may attack an individual's comments but not the individual.
- Do not pretend to be someone that you are not. Using an online
alias is ok.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:" or "REQUEST".
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post clear spoiler warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the <spoiler>
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the </spoiler>
- No bumping. Bumping a thread is considered as bad manner here,
since it doesn't add anything to the discussion of the thread.
Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming the site and the
post will be deleted, and the user did the bumping will be noted
for future reference, ie. enter into the board's naughty users
[Edit this Page]